Transit Regime is applied in transportation of goods, which are not subjected to import duties and commercial policy measures, which has not entered into free circulation and export related customs proceedings of which are not completed, from a point in Turkish Customs Zone to another under customs supervision.
- Customs authorities allow transportation of goods subject to transit regime within Turkish Customs Zone
- From a foreign country to another foreign country,
- From a foreign country to Turkey,
- From Turkey to a foreign country,
- From an internal customs authority to another internal customs authority.
It is compulsory to provide security in order to ensure payment of customs duties that may accrue for transit goods. However, security is not required for transportations performed by means of air, pipeline, rail, sea except for circumstances designated by regulation.